Rules and Technical Instructions
Note: This page has the "rules" or "social etiquette guidelines" for the
board. A separate Technical FAQ
has answers to questions about how to maximize your usage of the software.
RULES FOR POSTING
- General topic: This board is to be used for listing personal
boot sales or auctions. Please limit your posts here to boot sales and auctions,
or those of equipment and clothing generally associated with men who wear boots.
You may list private sales, or sales and auctions that are on other sites,
such as eBay. Questions regarding the sale items may also be posted here.
Discussions of boots and boot related topics should be posted on the
Boots On Line board, not on this board.
Your posts on the Boots For Sale board are made at your own risk. What happens
after the message is posted is strictly between you and any buyer. The crew at
Hot Boots keeps no records or any accounting of transactions on the Boots For
Sale board and they have no way of telling what is sold or not sold or what an
item sells for. The crew is not involved with any sales and is not interested in
any problems involving payment and shipping.
- Include the size of the boots in the "Subject" of the
message when you post. This will make it easier for the viewer to find
boots in the size he's looking for.
- When the item listed is sold, post a "Reply" message
with "SOLD" as the Subject. No text would be necessary,
unless you wanted to make some comments. This will stop further contacts
and save everyone time and energy.
- Include your e-mail address so those interested may contact you.
Note that e-mail addresses are obscured, and personal replies to posts
are forwarded through the Hot Boots mail server. We have pages discussing
posting your e-mail address
and the Hot Boots mail
server which provide more information.
- Non-commercial site: Neither this board or the
Boots On Line board are the place for commercial advertising. On
the other hand, if a bootman makes a brief or occasional mention of his
boot related business pursuits, that's permitted, even if it's a pay site
or one that requires adult check.
- Not a general gay community bulletin board: Please limit your
posts to subjects such as those we've mentioned, because these are
topics of interest to all bootmen. This is not a general gay community
bulletin board, and posts about other things such as politics belong elsewhere.
- Posting of photos: There can be no nudity or graphic sexual acts
(including but not limited to masturbation) portrayed in your photos.
- Offensive Items: Photos showing the swastika, Confederate flag and
similar items that can be offensive to some viewers will not be allowed.
- Photos of youth: We do not permit posts showing photos of those
under age 18, unless the photos and associated comments are in no way suggestive.
Photos of youth are further limited to those of members of your immediate household,
of public figures such as celebrities, or of yourself.
- Small photos of yourself: Note that the small photos you see
in the upper left corner of some posts are inserted by the software.
These are called "Hot Boots Portraits", and information on
them is in the "Photos" and "Hot Boots Portraits" paragraphs on our
Contributing Content to Hot Boots
- Golden Rule: Please observe the maxim, "If you can't say something good about
someone, don't say anything at all." We don't have the time nor
energy to investigate the truthfulness behind material of a libelous or
slanderous tone. If called to our attention, we simply remove it. So
please keep your hosts happy by not necessitating this.
- A few other rules: These are not permitted because others find
- Pointing out what you perceive to be the political incorrectness of
others when you know they don't want to hear about it.
- Making negative comments about the deficient English skills, or choice
of language to post in, of others. All are welcome here.
- Complaining in any other way about another user's posting activity.
Complaints will be heard; however they should be sent in an email to
the Hot Boots crew (address below) and should not be posted to the board.
- Discussion of moderation actions or policies. Such discussion often
degenerates into an argumentative tone that is more counter-productive
than productive and it detracts from the overall congenial social climate
of the board. If you wish to discuss moderation policies,
please send an email to the Hot Boots crew (address below).
- Anonymous posting: This is okay; however using only one anonymous name
is all that is required to be anonymous. We consider using multiple
anonymous names to be an act undertaken for a different and unpermitted
reason - to defraud other users. Therefore, please use the same name
each time you post. Posts found in violation will be removed.
- X-Rated material prohibited: We have chosen for this site to
be open, giving our material and yours
the widest possible exposure. This means we have to adhere to decency
standards that satisfy multiple jurisdictions - Hot Boots is seen
everywhere. We therefore use the federal standards which are applied to
broadcasters - material must not portray sexual or excretory activities,
excretions, or organs.
- Questions? Please write the Hot Boots crew with any questions about
these rules, or the activity of other users or the moderators. Do not post such to the board.
Contact the crew
Boots For Sale Message Board